A lot has changed in 10 years. From sequined trucker hats to Tiffany & Co. bracelets, we look back on what was chic in the aughts.
1. In the early '00s, the Tiffany & Co. silver bracelet. was the ultimate status symbol.Bustle
If you were a teenager in the early '00s, then you probably either wore a Tiffany & Co bracelet, wished that you did, or rejected the whole idea of wearing one. Either way, "Please Return to Tiffany & Co" seemed to be everywhere in the early '00s.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Sandals took the latter half of the '00s by storm.pursedreams
When YSL introduced its Tribute Sandal in 2007, soon everyone from Julia Roberts to Lindsay Lohan to Beyonce were sporting them.
3. The Von Dutch Trucker Hat was an early '00s fashion staple.Pinterest
It's difficult to say exactly when this one started, but Pharrell Williams reportedly first sported the Von Dutch in 2001. Everyone from Nicole Richie to Ashton Kutcher to Justin Timberlake followed suit. By 2004 most celebrities disavowed the hat as tacky.
4. The Juicy Couture Tracksuit is an icon of '00s style.safestchina
The Juicy Couture brand tracksuit was first custom designed for Madonna in 2001. Juicy also sent its designs to celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, the Kardashians, and Britney Spears.
5. The Fendi Spy Bagmareymercy.
Released in 2005, the Fendi Spy Bag was carried around by such high-fashion celebrity icons as Victoria Beckham, Sarah Jessica Parker, and the Olsen Twins. Some suggest that the Fendi Spy Bag's popularity was due to its "secret" compartment that was perfect for holding illicit substances.
6. Dior Glossy Sunglasses made us look buggy.Motherland
Dior released its Glossy sunglasses in 2005, and soon it seemed every female celebrity was facing the paparazzi in a pair of the fly-eyed shades.
7. Chanel CC earrings were a Paris and LiLo staple.Rakuten
Fortunately, Chanel never goes out of style.
8. The Moschino Belt was an '80s throwback revived in the '00s.wheretoget
In the aughts, people spent hours combing through eBay for Moschino belts. You can purchase a MOSCHINO belt today for $350. Is it time to revive the revival?
9. The Balenciaga Motorcycle Bag was a hit among the fashion elite.Daily Mail
Like the Fendi Spy, the Balencia Motorcycle Bag caught on with the fashion elite. Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Gisele Bundchen, and Nicky Hilton took this bag with them everywhere.
10. The Ralph Lauren polo made a comeback in the aughts.indulgy
Perhaps it was due to the popularity of the TV show "The O.C." For whatever reason, the preppy polo had a resurgence in the aughts.