Understanding some basic psychology will make your life quite a bit easier. Here's how to improve your life at home and at work with some simple psychological hacks.
1. Look at people in the eyes.Millennial Magazine
By establishing an immediate personal connection, you can build empathy (which also makes it easier to ask for something).
2. Put a mirror behind your desk.Empower Magazine
People who sit across from you will see themselves, and they'll be less likely to be rude.
3. Always greet someone with a smile.Bmag
It sounds simple, but greeting with a smile is a way to endear yourself while improving the mood of the other person.
4. Repeat names.Prevention
People like hearing their own names, as it establishes a more personal connection, and repeating names will help you remember them.
5. Always pretend like you've known people for years.Pop Sugar
At least in your head. This makes it easier to say what you want.
6. If you want to feel happier, just smile.Forbes
That simple muscle contraction starts a chemical reaction in your brain that instantly improves your mood.
7. If you're nervous, chew some gum.Science Magazine
Your brain will assume that you're not in danger, since you're "eating," and you'll feel more relaxed.
8. When people laugh, they look at the person that they like the most.All Cars
Keep this in mind at your next party.
9. You can look at someone's hairline as they speak to make them uncomfortable.Michael Lee Stallard
Why would you want to do that? That's up to you.
10. Being silent can make you seem more powerful.Fractal Panda
It also makes you seem like a better listener (regardless of whether you're actually listening).